Two Strand Black & Gold Murano Glass Necklace with Accent Colored Venetian Beads
Alessandro's Designed necklace is handmade with black Murano glass beads and Venetian beads with accent colors and 24 karat gold foil.
Some of the lampworked beads, made one-by-one, under the flame, in Venice or Murano, Italy, are the following styles and approximate sizes:
- black baby twists, 16 - 18mm
- black baroque round beads
- 10mm round black & gold "paint drip" beads
- Millefiori, Black Venetian Bead Ovals, approximately 30 x 13 mm, with 24 Karat Gold Foil, pure Silver Foil, and Aventurina (copper filings)
- Silver Foil, Handmade with Aqua, Pink, Blue, and Black Murano Glass, "Wavy", "Pizzicare", pinched discs, approximately 21mm - 22mm
- Long, flat, black tubes with abstract 24 karat gold foil design, 40mm long x 12mm wide x 6mm thin
The necklace is strung on accu-flex, a professional quality beading wire that has 49 tiny strands, and that has the softest drape. I choose to string the glass beads on this, as it is so strong, and virtually impossible to break.
I've accented the necklace with black, faceted crystals, and gold metallic seed beads.
The length of the necklace is approximately
Length is 17 1/2 inches, (44.45cm.) to 18 inches, (45.72 cm.); and has a gold filled adjustable link chain and a large, gold filled lobster style spring clasp.